Wanted to share with you guys a useful tip that really worked for me. I truly recommend trying it!
Natural lemon juice can be the answer to many of your skin problems. Lots of scholarly articles have noted that Vitamin C has many benefits for skin:
I have suffered from acne scars for many years. So I have chosen to use Vitamin C directly on the skin. I usually just put pure lemon juice on a cotton pad and press it against areas that have scarring, under skin acne or other damage. You might feel a little bit of a tingle on the skin at first, but it goes away fast. Tip: Be careful! Don’t put it on open wounds. It will sting as hell! You can repeat the process daily or incorporate it to your skin care routine however you like. Just watch the response of your skin and go along with it. Your skin will tell you how much it needs.
Sometimes I even use the same method for scrubbing my skin, the only difference is I put some sugar on the cotton pad soaked with lemon juice and then gently scrub my skin with it in circular motions. I would not recommend it to people that have very sensitive skin, the sugar scrub might me too harsh.
To buy lemons for every time you do this might seem too much. So I suggest just picking up a cute lemon shape lemon juice bottle from your grocery store (supermarket). It cost just around 1.5 Eur here in Germany/Denmark. It takes a long time to finish it! Also, you can use it for spicing up your salad dressing .
Valantine’s day. This year it’s Sunday. So why not make it simple. Well, me and my Man do not have much choice actually. We live in a small town in Denmark, therefore everything is closed on Sunday, so we choose to just SIMPLIFY!
I also believe that special surprises on this day are kind of worthless, they are not really surprises, you expect something already, therefore it is not a real surprise. You get my logic?
So what I suggest instead of spending time and money on your ultimate surprises is:
Plan your Valentine’s together. Just talk about it. What do you imagine it to be like this year? Just chillin’ together or going out?
Planning together is not only getting you closer, but also that way you save yourself any unnecessary disappointment about your surprise not working out, or that the other didn’t try as much as you did or in general you just don’t set any certain expectations, therefore you guarantee yourself a great Valentine’s day. Only happy emotions allowed!
Happy Valentine’s day!
Don’t you sometimes feel stuck in this circle, where you have been waiting for Christmas since the summer end and just when Christmas is over you cannot wait for summer to come back again!
Well, here Denmark does not give me a break. Some days you open the window blinds and its the same as you wouldn’t have… Just dark. And when you need to go somewhere it usually rains or there’s a risk of being blown away. Sometimes biking here is a challenge. Pedaling down the hill because of the wind is my favorite thing .
But today, I somehow felt fed up being controlled by the weather. So to make these negative and gloomy moods go away I decided to buy some nice little tulip flowers. I chose these gorgeous pastel pinks and purples match them together. Looking at their beauty I got completely inspired to pull out my springy nail and lip colours, as well as some fun rose gold jewelry. They are my favorite! I used my best fruity and floral perfumes and already mixed in some spring-summer clothes to my wardrobe to wake myself up from this darkness. You should do it too! This is truly healing on these dull Saturdays. And somehow spring already feels closer !
Happy spring waiting!
As a girl who has very fair and rare-haired eyebrows I have struggled all my life with shaping them, colouring them in, etc. So I think I have tried quite many techniques, colours, tools and other things myself and I want to share some of my eyebrow wisdom with you guys. Not only because it is on trend, but because I truly believe that eyebrows are the most important part of your face – they shape and frame your face, as well as make your eyes the focal point of it. Have you seen how weird people look without any eyebrows? Don’t google, you will have nightmares or you will never stop laughing .
1. The rule of eyebrow shaping does not apply the same to every face! You have to be aware of your eye placement on your face. Are they close together, or are they apart. Eyebrows can visually bring your eyes together more if you place them closer together, or make them look more far away from each other if you start them further from each other. To decide where your eyebrows should start and end use the general rule of eyebrow shaping just as a guideline, but not as a rule without exceptions. Don’t start to tweeze before you figured it out.
2. Get a good pair of tweezers! With sharp and thin ends. That is the biggest mistake you can make – to have a bad pair of tweezers. You will end up plucking more hair than you want at once, then trying to fix it, and ending up plucking even more. This is not at all what you want.
3. Tweeze in a very good light. When you can see the hair that are not dark, then that is a good light to pluck your eyebrows in. I usually do mine when it is sunny outside in front of the window. That guarantees you precision.
4. Tweeze only one hair at a time. Go back looking from far away to see how your eyebrow looks next to each other, as well as to see where to go next. I am sure you will pluck way less hair out then you have expected and get a perfect result. It will take a longer time to do one by one technique, but in the end your eyebrows will match as much as they can match (because eyebrows are sisters, not twins) and they will look well defined and shaped.
Tip: Keep away from the upper line of hair of your eyebrow, tweeze it only if completely necessary. These hair take ages to grow back and when they do, they tend to grow to different directions.
5. Grooming your eyebrows. Some hairs in the front might stand up and disturb the shape of the eyebrow. Just brush them up and cut the access part of the hair in the line with the shaped brow with miniature scissors. Be careful, don’t overdo it.
6. Grow out your eyebrows. If you have already made some of the don’ts I have mentioned, then you will have to give your eyebrows some time to grow back. Especially if you want to reshape them completely. But please be aware eyebrows are not meant to be the same! Most of people have very unsymmetrical faces (good example – me), therefore the eyebrows will never look the same. Try to follow the natural shape of your brows, make them flattering to your face, don’t try to copy someone else’s eyebrows.
1. Choose the right colour. Your eyebrows have to be a little bit darker then your hair colour. Avoid any reddish, rusty browns, they have red and orange undertones and rarely suits people unless you are a redhead. You should rather choose colours from the colder tones of brown: grayish brown, mauve brown, dark brown. Don’t choose black. True black usually has a blue undertone and rarely suits anyone too.
2. Use a fine tip brow pencil, if your eyebrows have rare placement of hair. Make hair like strokes across the eyebrow, so they look more thick, but realistic. If you draw your eyebrow as one line, people won’t even need to come close to tell that those are some painted-on brows.
3. Use eye shadow to fill in the blanks. Use a little bit lighter colour then the pencil you used to imitate the hair of the brow. The best brush to use for this is a flat eyeliner brush. Make light strokes of eye shadow across the eyebrow to create even and blended effect. Don’t go over the lines of the brow hair growth it will look fake. For girls that already have pretty thick and dark eyebrows, I would especially recommend to use a much lighter colour to make the eyebrow even but not darker than it is. It can be very overpowering. Unless it’s a look you are going for.
4. Don’t overdo the front of the eyebrow. The front of the eyebrow rarely has the same colour or thickness of hair compared to the arch or the tail. Therefore, try to copy a realistic brow by making the strokes in the front of the eyebrow softer or mix a few colours of them – darker and lighter browns.
5. Brush after filling in. It make a big impact to brush the filled in eyebrow. It will not only make your eyebrow look polished by laying the hairs into place, but also will make the filled in brow softer and more natural looking by blending in the strokes you made just a little bit more to fit the bigger picture. You can use just bare a spoolie eyebrow brush, a brow gel or clear mascara.
I use clear lash and brow gel mascara from Essence cosmetics (1.95 Eur in DM and Rossmann drugstores in Germany).
6. If your eyebrow hair is completely bear of colour, think about dyeing your eyebrows for filling it in easier. I do it. Because if I don’t, for me filling in is actually drawing the eyebrow from scratch. Which can take a while. So I colour my eyebrow with actual dye. Let me know if you want to see how I do it in the comments.
Happy eyebrow grooming!