I remember the times when I was so skeptical of the Nivea cream in this blue little tin. That was because I was using it on my face, and I have an oily skin. So, that wasn’t a good idea. However, Nivea is a German brand, so when I came to live on Danish/German border I rediscovered this underrated treasure! It is absolutely amazing product that has various different uses. Here are some of the ways I use it:
1. Hand cream. Because it has glycerin in it, it is a wonderful hand cream. It absorbs quite fast. To be honest, Nivea cream is better than most hand creams I have tried in my life (and I have tried tons). Most of the other ones that moisturize enough are too think and are absorbed very slowly.
2. Cuticle cream. When I do my manicure I just rub it into my cuticles to moisturize them. When I have time, and I am chilling in front of Netflix, I just pile it on them and let it absorb. Around half an hour later I rub it in. Believe me, you will not recognize your cuticles! Better then any kind of expensive cuticle oil.
3. Lip recovery treatment. I usually pile Nivea cream on my lips before I go to sleep. Next morning my lips are recovered and very soft. Lipsticks glide unbelievably smoothly and you don’t need any special products to keep your lips amazing. Although, in the day time you can use it too, just in thinner layers. The cream is white in colour, therefore if you pile it on, you will look like a ghost .
4. Foot cream. Pretty self explanatory, I think. You can really do anything, wear moisturizing socks on top or just rub it on your feet normally. It really effectively treats the crackled skin on your heels and other areas of your feet!
5. Moisturizer after shaving. My skin gets really dry and itchy in the parts that I shave – mostly legs. So I use it every day to moisturize them. They need that extra thickness of a cream, that I don’t want to use on other parts of my body. It reduced the itchiness, prevents the ingrown hair keeps the skin calm after shaving.
6. Make-up remover. You know these stubborn liquid lipsticks or mascara. It takes them right off. Put some of the cream on a cotton pad and gently take away the mascara, lipstick or other heavy makeup. It will not only remove it but sooth and moisturize your skin on your eyes and lips. This is especially handy when traveling!
7. Healing cream for the skin cuts and scabs. I use it a lot on the damaged skin, when the wound has already closed. The scab heels faster as well as it is less likely to have a long lasting scar.
More unconventional ways to use this cream include:
8. Leather moisturizer. Recover your leather goods: bags, wallets, shoes with putting some of this cream on a cloth and then gently rubbing it over leather. Works wonders to recover the colour and bringing back the polished and shiny look of the leather.
9. The scuff wiper for your shoes. Again, put some of Nivea cream on the cloth and rub the scuff out. It will take some time – be patient.
10. Flyaway hair tamer. Just moisturize your hands like normally, and then smooth your hair gently to hide all the stubborn little hairs wrecking your hair style. Two birds with one stone!
Nivea cream comes in all the sizes you would ever need according to your way of use: huge tub for using it in bigger amounts for your body (400ml), the standard size pan (75ml), cute small one to keep in your bag on the go (30ml), and a tiny one to hide in your pocket (10ml). I actually have almost every size lying around all over the house and in every of my bags because it is ridiculously cheap, multinational and available in almost any store.
This cream has been around for almost a 100 years (92 to be exact) for a reason! Try it!
Why spend your money on tons of different expensive products that clutter your bathroom, when you can have one AMAZING ONE!
Before using it check if you are OK with the ingredients used. These are ingredients used in the European version of Nivea Creme Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcrystallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Alumnium Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellol, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.