I wanted to share some of products that I have been loving for more than a few years now, and some that made to the ‘loved one’ list right away.
1. Maybelline Super Stay 24 color (12 Eur). This product is completely mental. I still cannot believe how great it is. It does not wear of at all through the day. As a matter a fact it is hard to remove it. You need an oil based make up remover or a lotion/ cream to take it off. It is quite drying, and has a matte finish, but it comes with a special lip balm that you can reapply. But I use my own lip moisturizer or lipgloss on it.
2. Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24HR (8 Eur). This gel eyeliner stays through the day without any movement. I have it in black and brown, both are very pigmented. It also comes with a pretty good brush applicator. I completely have replaced my liquid eyeliners with this gel liner.
3. Maybelline Eyestudio Colour Tattoo 24HR Eye Shadow (7 Eur). Can serve as a cream eye shadow or as an amazing eye shadow base. It wears really great through the day. Stays put and does not crease at all.
4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer (original size 35 Eur). I believe you can of course find something cheaper to replace this. But Hoola by Benefit is a really great bronzer because of it’s color and matte finish. A way to get it cheaper and try other Benefit products is to buy a sample package. I have bought a ‘Do the Hoola’ sample collection in Stansted Airport in London. It included 5 product samples and a little brush (30 Eur). However, I found that the bronzer sample sizes are quite big. I was using the bronzer one for quite a while and I haven’t even gone through the name embossed in the product. So I think it will definitely last me for quite some time.
5. Max Factor Pan Stick (8 Eur). It is a quite thick consistency and full coverage. I find it hard to apply it all over my face as a foundation so I use it as a concealer. It works especially well with a dampened beauty blender, which makes it easier to apply and build up carefully so it does not look cakey.
I am a big believer of cheaper make up. I have researched quite a lot about it through the years and found that a lot of brands high-end and high-street ones are made in the same factories, a lot of time even with same formulas. So a most of time if you really try, you definitely can find great drugstore dupes for almost any high-end product. However, I really think some things are worth the investment:
6. MAC Fix+ Prep&Prime (21 Eur). This is a great thing to have and has multiple different uses to make some of your maybe ‘not so great’ makeup great. I don’t use it every day but when I do, I don’t put the mist directly on my face, I usually mix it into my foundation. The finish of your foundation will be nice and realistic. It prolongs the duration of your face make up. I also use it to revive some of my eye shadows. The colors with Fix+ show up way better then on their own. I also think it would be good for applying cream blush. So basically you buy one product that makes all your other products work. I think that’s a pretty good deal.
7. The Original Beauty Blender (20 Eur). This little sponge is raved about for a reason. I know it is a little pricey, however, I think it is worth it. I use it everyday to apply my foundation, concealer and even powder or even eye shadow or blush. The only thing I am kind of unhappy about is that it is still disposable. Even if you clean it, it will wear out and you will need to repurchase it eventually.
Here on the border I find it sometimes quite hard to get some of the products I want, especially high-end. But I manage to do it usually with online shopping, which is also not very convenient when you live in the periphery. Most of the products are physically available in the urban areas – Copenhagen, Hamburg and last time I was shopping in London, when I visited my friend. So I usually try to find great products in the drugstore.
What products have you been using for a while and think are amazing and worth investing in? Do you have some favorites from the drugstore?